Apparently, Free Condoms Aren’t Enough
Reading this article made my blood boil. High school and college students in DC are complaining about the fit and quality of free condoms given out by the District of Columbia. And even worse, the District is going to comply and start using more expensive Trojan brand condoms.
High school students and college-age adults have been complaining to District officials that the free condoms the city has been offering are not of good enough quality and are too small and that getting them from school nurses is “just like asking grandma or auntie.”
So D.C. officials have decided to stock up on Trojan condoms, including the company’s super-size Magnum variety, and they have begun to authorize teachers or counselors, preferably male, to distribute condoms to students if the teachers complete a 30-minute online training course called “WrapMC” — for Master of Condoms.
A few things strike me:
- HIV Prevention: The “free condoms” approach is specifically designed to curtail the high incidence of HIV infection in the District of Columbia. This isn’t about you getting that “natural ribbed” feeling during intercourse.
- Free:I’m amazed at the gall of people to complain about free shit (yeah, I said it as much as I hate to curese in writing).
- High school students:High school boys braggingly talking about how condoms aren’t big enough? Honey, your future life problems are too many to name in my short time here on this earth.
- Missing the Point: Free condoms given out by the District of Columbia are part of some new government service to get you laid. It is about keeping you alive and not infecting others.
- Name brand: To be clear, they weren’t giving out the multi-colored condoms health departments were giving out in the 1990s. D.C. was giving out Durex.
- Government Bureaucrats: As troubling is the fact that D.C. government bureaucrats are giving in to this nonsense noting the “bling factor” of gold-wrapped Magnum condoms.
Color me confused. What next? Free lube oil?