Last Minute Shopping? Don’t Lose Your Financial Head
Last minute Christmas shopping is usually when all financial sense goes out of the window. If you’re still shopping for that perfect gift, keep the following advice and tips in mind:
- When in doubt, don’t buy it. Just get a gift card.
- Afrobella has some great gift ideas for natural sistas (t-shirts, hair products, etc.).
- For techies, Consumer Reports has a guide to electronic gifts under $100.
- Spoon Sisters always has some great “not-your-average” gifts that are fun!
- BlissTree has a round-up of last minute sales including coupon codes.
- Gifts for the newly engaged or married? Independent filmmakers and bloggers, Black and Married with Kids , has a great documentary challenging the negative stereotypes surrounding marriage and parenting in the black community.
- Try HuffingtonPost’s Last-Minute Holiday Shopping Online Guide for some unique gifts.
- Amazon.com has a handy Christmas ordering cutoff chart so you know if your gift will make it by Christmas.
Remember, more valuable than any gift is your time. Spend it wisely.